Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Why I'm glad Howard Dean will be Chairman

"What I want to know is what in the world so many Democrats are doing supporting the President's unilateral intervention in Iraq?

"What I want to know is what in the world so many Democrats are doing supporting tax cuts, which have bankrupted this country and given us the largest deficit in the history of the United States?

"What I want to know is why the Congress is fighting over the Patient's Bill of Rights? The Patient's Bill of Rights is a good bill, but not one more person gets health insurance and it's not 5 cents cheaper.

"What I want to know is why the Democrats in Congress aren't standing up for us, joining every other industrialized country on the face of the Earth in providing health insurance for every man, woman and child in America.

"What I want to know is why so many folks in Congress are voting for the President's Education Bill-- "The No School Board Left Standing Bill"-- the largest unfunded mandate in the history of our educational system!

"As Paul Wellstone said-- as Sheila Kuehl said when she endorsed me? I am Howard Dean, and I'm here to represent the Democratic wing of the Democratic Party. - Howard Dean

No comments: