Senators Hillary Clinton and John Kerry are sponsoring a bill calling for election reform. The bill calls for:
- Election Day being made a Federal Holiday.
- Allowing ex-felons the right to vote
- Requiriing paper receipts for votes.
- Authorizing $500 million to help states make the changes in voting systems and equipment.
- Requiring adoption of the changes in time for the 2006 election.
As far as I can tell, alllowing ex-felons to vote (which I agree with) is the only provision that should be even slightly controversial.
So let's get on it, and when opposition arises, ask the right-wingers why they oppose accurate elections.