Sunday, October 17, 2004

Musicians' Endorsments

While I don't think endorsements by musicians make much difference in voting - I have enormous respect for Bruce Springsteen, but I certainly wouldn't change my vote if he disagreed with me - I find the difference in sheer quality and musical respect between those who endorse Bush and those who endorse Kerry to be genuinely enormous. In this corner, Bruce Springsteen and John Mellencamp. And in THIS corner - Britney Spears and Wayne Newton.

Hmmm...Pearl Jam and R.E.M - or Kid Rock and Pat Boone? Decisions, decisions.

I would have HOPED, though, that the endorsement of classic representatives of Americana like Springsteen and Mellencamp would have persuaded the right-wingers to tone down the "unpatriotic" bullshit. But no chance: right-wingers aren't happy unless they're spreading the excrement thick and far.

No comments: