Saturday, October 23, 2004

Don't Drink the Kool-Aid

"And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie." - 2 Thessalonians 2:11

There is something in one of the articles exposing Bush's duplicity about his working at Project P.U.L.L (see below) that worries me.

One of the people who was interviewed was afraid to tell the truth about it.

[Althia] Turner, who said she has avoided reporters for years, agreed to be interviewed only after phoning her pastor for advice.

When she hung up the phone, she turned to a reporter: "My pastor says if you found me, I should tell the truth."

Even then, Turner was hesitant. About 15 minutes into the interview, she asked if the reporter would accompany her to her pastor's home because she needed her support. Once there, she talked in detail for the first time while her pastor, Theresa Times, of Bless One Ministries, and five people who had been attending a prayer meeting listened.


Now, I don't think this woman was threatened by Bush's thugs or anything like that.

I think she's somehow afraid that telling the truth about Bush to a reporter is WRONG. A sin.

And if that's the case, Bush's followers are even more screwed up than I thought. They have a totally delusional view about who Bush is, and what he is.

No comments: