Saturday, July 17, 2004

George W. God

Man, you go away for a few days, and when you come back, the first thing you read is this:

"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn’t do my job.’’
 
Bush apparently tossed out THAT winner while addressing some Old Amish.

Look, I'm a very active member of a Christian Church, myself - but that statement is scary.
 
It's one thing to pray that God speaks through you or to hope that God speaks through you. It's a whole other thing to just assume He DOES.

And it's downright delusional for a politician to say that if God DOESN'T speak through him, he can't do his job.

But it MIGHT explain why Georgie can't imagine ever making any mistakes.

And I think it's fair to ask if he reacts with such hostility to questioning because he thinks questioning him is some sort of blasphemy. After all, God speaks through him. So questioning what he says is the same thing as questioning God, right?

And I think it's time that the press started seriously asking if the Man In the White House has Messianic delusions.

This may sound weird, but one common end-time scenario bandied about among fundamentalists and evangelicals involves the belief the second coming will be preceded by the Mother Of All Wars in the Middle East.

I have wondered more than once if Bush may be so bull-goose loony that he somehow INTENDS to create the Mother Of All Wars in the Middle East because he believes it is a necessary first step toward the Second Coming. And he wants to bring that about.

That may sound crazy, but the more I see this guy in action, the more I wonder about it.

It may sound crazy - but what the man has done has BEEN crazy.

No comments: