Thursday, July 22, 2004

As you probably know, the other day George W. Bush turned self-delusion into an art form with THIS truly remarkable statement:

"The enemy declared war on us, and you just got to know nobody wants to be the war President. I want to be the peace President."
- George W Bush, Cedar Rapids Iowa, July 20, 2004

Needless to say, he said this to a roomful of handpicked supporters, probably because he didn't want the top news story of the night to be the loud guffaws he would have received from an audience of sane people.

Gee, George, if you want to be peace president, you sure have a funny way of showing it. And here I thought you were bragging when you said this:

"I'm a war president. I make decisions here in the Oval Office in foreign policy matters with war on my mind. "
- George War Bush, NBC's Meet the Press interview with Tim Russert, February 8, 2004

But one thing that has gone unnoticed is that Bush, remarkably, appers to be imitating a guy he no doubt thinks of as a liberal panty-waist, Dennis Kucinich:

KUCINICH: As president, I will see myself as a peace president.
George Bush: The Peace President.

It doesn't GET more Orwellian than that.

No comments: