Friday, May 26, 2006

They still don't get it.

As you probably know, Bush and Blair had a press conference where they decided to try and stem the damage to their reputation by actually ADMITTING what everyone else has known for three years.

BUSH: Saying, "Bring it on"; kind of tough talk, you know, that sent the wrong signal to people. I learned some lessons about expressing myself maybe in a little more sophisticated manner, you know. "Wanted, dead or alive"; that kind of talk. I think in certain parts of the world it was misinterpreted. And so I learned from that


"Misinterpreted"? "Bring it on" was misinterpreted? It didn't actually mean "Bring it on"? Then what, exactly, was it supposed to mean? "Waiter, waiter, there's a fly in my soup"?

No, I think they interpreted it dead right - you were just a damned fool to say it.

And by the way, there was nothing wrong with saying "Osama Bin Laden, Dead or Alive." That's one of the few things you did right. The problem is it was JUST words, and you had no intention of following through, even while you said it.

Regarding his trip to Baghdad, Blair said, "I came away thinking the challenge is still immense, but I also came away more certain than ever that we should rise to it."

Blair added, "I think it's easy to go back over mistakes that we may have made, but the biggest reason why Iraq has been difficult is the determination by our opponents to defeat us."


They started a war without figuring that our opponents would be determined to defeat us.

What did they think our opponents would do? Invite us in for tea?

Are these people total ignoramuses? I don't give a crap how right you think you are - If you kick in someone's door and come at them, they are going to try and defeat you. Duh.

Holy crap.

No comments: