Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Bush has complete confidence in his own brain.

Bush: Rove has 'my complete confidence'

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush on Monday declared "complete confidence" in his top political adviser, Karl Rove, despite his alleged role in leaking a covert CIA operative's identity, according to an interview.

"Karl's got my complete confidence. He's a valuable member of my team," Bush said in his strongest defense yet of Rove, the architect of his presidential campaigns.

Bush made his comments in a roundtable interview with several Texas newspapers, portions of which were posted online by Knight Ridder Newspapers.


Notice that none of the "reporters" asked Bush the obvious questions:

"Did Rove tell you two years ago that he was involved the leak?

"If so, why didn't you say something?

"If not, why do you have complete confidence in a man who lied to you?"

I am waiting for one reporter to ask those questions.

But I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: