Monday, August 02, 2004

Bush wants to implement some intelligence reforms.

Gee, George, it sure took you long enough. But I guess that just wasn't as important as occupying Iraq, now, was it?

He finally decided to do it once it became politically untenable NOT to.

It's a shame that that's obviously the basis on which he makes decisions that risk our LIVES - but it is.

John Kerry is absolutely right, and I hope he keeps saying it:

"A lot of it is about two and a half years too late. I mean, where have they been?

"I think this administration has dropped the ball on homeland security. I think they are now moving to catch up. But what America wants is leadership that's ahead of the curve, that doesn't have to be told by an independent commission -- which they, incidentally, fought to prevent."

No comments: