Thursday, August 26, 2004

Ok, the lies of the Swift Boaters have become more and more transparent and more and more pathetic.

Now - how do we get the damned press to stop treating them as though they may have validity?

"I was in Cambodia, sir. I worked along the border," O'Neill is heard telling Nixon in a conversation that was taped by the former president's secret recording system. The tape is stored at the National Archives in College Park, Md.

In an interview Wednesday with The Associated Press, O'Neill did not dispute what he said to Nixon on June 16, 1971, but he insisted he was never actually in Cambodia.

"I think I made it very clear that I was on the border, which is exactly where I was for three months," O'Neill said of the conversation. "I was about 100 yards from Cambodia."


1) "I was in Cambodia, I worked along the border" would mean that you were IN CAMBODIA, near the border on the other side. At least to one who speaks English.

2) About 100 yards from the border? What, was there a sign saying "entering Cambodia"?

The question about O'Neill, of course, isn't whether he's lying, but whether he ever tells the truth.

No comments: