Friday, March 14, 2008

"I'm just a simple President"

From Think Progress

Bush: ‘I’m just a simple president.’»

In an interview with PBS that aired last night, host Susie Gharib asked the President about rising oil prices. Bush, however, replied that he was “just a simple president” and was unable to explain how his oil policy would actually work:

GHARIB: Well, you’ve pressed OPEC to increase oil production –

BUSH: I did.

GHARIB: And they didn’t do it. Let’s say that OPEC did pump more oil. How much do you think that that would bring down oil prices, by $20, $30?

BUSH: You know, I don’t know. You’re going to have to ask the experts that. I’m just a simple president. But I really don’t know what it would do. I do know that the main problem is supply and demand and excess supply obviously would help.

No comments: