Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Bush'

(CNN) -- Attorney General Alberto Gonzales' former White House liaison testified Wednesday that she never discussed the hiring or firing of U.S. attorneys with White House officials.

"I did not hold the keys to the kingdom, as some have suggested," said Monica Goodling, who was senior counsel and White House liaison until resigning in April.

"To the best of my knowledge, I never had a conversation with Karl Rove or Harriet Miers while I served at the Department of Justice, and I'm certain I never spoke to either of them about the hiring or firing of any U.S. attorney," Goodling said in her opening statement to the House Judiciary Committee.


Two questions:

1)If she had no information, why did she take the fifth?

2) How is it possible for the White House liaison to not have talked to White house officials? Wasn't that her job?

No comments: