Thursday, March 09, 2006

I'm a little bit country

Tim McGraw and Faith Hill criticized Bush for not doing squat to help the Gulf Coast after Hurricane Katrina. McGraw sounds like he has a much better understanding of what a President's job is than Bush does:
"There's no reason why someone can't go down there who's supposed to be the leader of the free world … and say, 'I'm giving you a job to do and I'm not leaving here until it's done. And you're held accountable, and you're held accountable, and you're held accountable.

"'This is what I've given you to do, and if it's not done by the time I get back on my plane, then you're fired and someone else will be in your place. '"

Man. Things are really bad when someone saying someone that basic and obvious makes me want to applaud from sheer relief.

It will be fun watching the Bushites now declare that they are "liberal" - since, after all, the definition of "liberal" is now "anyone who criticizes Bush." Even if it's, say, George Will or William Buckley.

The "liberal media" of course, has to spin this. Here's AOL's Welcome Screen:



"Have they gone Dixie Chicks?" Got that? The "liberal media" is implying that there must be something wrong with them. There must be something wrong with them to criticize Bush's response to Katrina, which only the totally insane still DEFEND.

How screwed up is that?

1 comment:

Wadena said...

I posted on this, too. Important distinction is that Hill-McGraw took a populist stand against Bush.....not an anti-war stand (which would alienate their fans).