Thursday, December 15, 2005

Zimmy Radio

Just when you think Bob can't suprise you anymore:

Bob Dylan shocked his fans 40 years ago by embracing the electric guitar. Now he's stunning a few more by embracing another technological innovation: satellite radio.

The singer has signed on to serve as host of a weekly one-hour program on XM Satellite Radio, spinning records and offering commentary on new music and other topics, starting in March. The famously reclusive 64-year-old performer said in a statement yesterday that "a lot of my own songs have been played on the radio, but this is the first time I've ever been on the other side of the mike."

2 comments:

MexicanYenta said...

It's just SO wrong!

Iggy said...

I don't know. Bob does what Bob does, and the only thing you can guarantee is that you won't expect him to do whatever it is he does.

I don't get it, though - he's not exactly eloquent. He's a terrific WRITER (of prose, no less - "Chronicles" was damned good). But he's lousy when speaking.

I wonder though, with the never-ending tour, the commercials, and now this, if Bob hasn't actually spent all of his money.

But after doing something like the never-ending tour at HIS age and level of success (it must be EXHAUSTING and he has nothing to prove), nothing he does surprises me.

The man flat awes me, though.