Tuesday, December 06, 2005

No kidding.

FEMA Official: Katrina Response 'Broken'

Yeah, I had the same thought: "Tell me something I don't know."

But, astoundingly, since the debacle occurred, many Bush apologists have actually claimed that IT WASN'T SO. Even though we all SAW it.

One thing that drives me crazy about the Bush administration is that they think nothing of flat DENYING facts that everyone knows. They are like Chico Marx, who said, "Who you gonna believe - me or your own eyes?"

This is because there is a small group of mindless sycophants who DO believe everything Bush tells them instead of their own eyes. And Bush figures that as long as he has a segment of the population willing to help him play his game of deny, deny, deny, that's good enough.

So -

Dear mindless sycophants: you now have Bush's permission to stop bullshitting, and to admit that the response to Katrina sucked.

Now, don't you feel better?

No comments: