Friday, September 02, 2005

Finally.

For the first time, however, [Bush] stopped defending his administration's response and criticized it. "A lot of people are working hard to help those who've been affected. The results are not acceptable," he said.


Thank GOD. He finally stopped pretending that everything was FINE.

I'm not going to criticize. Maybe something will finally get done, and that's what's important.

I didn't write anything yesterday. I had nothing to say. I can't even get my head around this. I was furious at the slow response, furious at the negligence that caused that levee to break, furious that some folks think that the most important thing to do right now is to trash the suffering and the barefoot for taking shoes from an abandoned Wal-Mart.

MAYBE those people will finally get some help. This is heartbreaking.

No comments: