Monday, July 28, 2008

He's flipping like a hooked fish

I mean, we all know that candidates adjust positions while running, but John McFlipFlop is starting to change them every 30 seconds.


CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) — Sen. John McCain said Sunday he supports an Arizona ballot initiative aimed at ending race- and gender-based preference programs...

But McCain's own campaign refused to say whether it stands by the candidate's announcement that he supports the ballot initiative.

In an interview broadcast on ABC's "This Week," host George Stephanopoulos asked McCain if he supports a referendum on the ballot in his home state "that would do away with affirmative action."

"Yes, I do," he responded. "I do not believe in quotas. But I have not seen the details of some of these proposals. But I've always opposed quotas."

Stephanopoulos asked, "But the one here in Arizona you support?"

"I support it, yes," replied McCain.

McCain did not indicate that he had a standing opposition to such initiatives, or that he was changing his stance by supporting the initiative in Arizona.


His OWN CAMPAIGN refuses to stand by what he said?

How pathetic is that?

"When I use a word," said Humpty Dumpty, "I use it to mean what I want it to mean - no more , no less."

No comments: