Thursday, October 09, 2008

McCain and ambition

Remember - John McCain has a history of lying about his own beliefs for the sake of political ambition. And he has admitted as much.




Interviewer: “There was a political issue, a local issue about whether the confederate flag should fly over the capital. You waffled on that.”

John McCain: “Yes. Worse than waffled. I said it was strictly a state issue clearly knowing that it wasn’t”

Interviewer: “Thats not what you believed in your heart.”

John McCain: “No”

Interviewer: “What did you believe in your heart.”

John McCain: “That it was a very offensive symbol to many Americans.”

Interviewer: “Why did you say that.”

John McCain: “I’m sure for all the wrong reasons”

Interviewer: “What wrong reasons?”

John McCain: “For ambition”


He has also said:

"I didn't decide to run for president to start a national crusade for the political forms I believed in or to run a campaign as if it were some grand act of patriotism. In truth, I wanted to be president because it had become my ambition to be president. I was sixty two years old when I made the decision, and I thought it was my one shot at the prize."


"The prize." That's what it's REALLY about. Not principles. Not patriotism. "The prize."



He has a history of this: doing something lousy, and later admitting how lousy it was. He also said it was a TERRIBLE MISTAKE to get involved with Charles Keating.

And I'm sure that after he loses this one, he'll tell some interviewer about how he wasn't proud of saying things he didn't believe and rolling around in the mud like a fat old hog. Poor him.

No comments: